Thursday, July 16, 2009

Putting the Injinjis to the test.

I have just returned home having completed my second Hardrock 100 and Phil is now off to Europe in the build-up to Ultra Tour Mont Blanc. I will post a full race report on my own blog in due course but I wanted to comment on my first real test of the Injinji compression socks. While I struggled with the altitude and terrain I had no issues with blisters. Coupled with copious doses of Blistershield powder, the Injinjis went for 40hrs 50min of the toughest trails in the world, crossing icy streams, frozen snowbanks, dusty roads and rocky tracks without ever needing to take a shoe off. 

I think this finish-line photo says it all:



That's one piece of gear definitely on the list for AAWT!

And if you missed seeing them in action there's a clip here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwJXDSHod4&feature=channel




No comments: